- Gain an understanding of the philosophy and overview of the Developmental Concept.
- Gain a basic understanding of infant development from the Eastern and Western view in the first few months of a newborn.
- Describe some of the key themes which relate to the developmental concept Finding the Centre and the topic of the Front Family.
- Identify the group of meridians which comprise the Front Family.
- Understand links between early development and difficulties in later years.
- Learn appropriate handling methods.
- Develop awareness of KISS Syndrome and how it presents.
- Be able to offer supportive suggestions for parents which connect to this developmental topic.
- Learn some ‘everyday’ tips that will help support baby at this stage.
0 hrs - 30 min
Videos on the Philosophy and Introduction to the Developmental Concept
30 min - 1 hrs
Reading material for the Philosophy and Introduction to the Developmental Concept
1 hrs - 1.5 hrs
Videos on the Developmental Topic: Finding the Centre and the Front Family — sensory-motor milestones of development and the developing meridians.
1.5 hrs - 2 hrs
Reading material for the Developmental Topic: Finding the Centre and the Front Family — sensory-motor milestones of development and the developing meridians
2 hrs - 2.5 hrs
Videos on Handling to support healthy development
2.5 hrs - 3 hrs
Reading material for Handling to support healthy development
3 hrs - 3.5 hrs
Video on KISS Syndrome—an introduction
3.5 hrs - 4 hrs
Reading material for KISS Syndrome—an introduction
I am really excited to try the handling technique on the babies that i treat as well as my future grandson. My oldest daughter is pregnant and due in December and I can not wait to meet him and share this knowledge.
irit W. - United States of America
Accessing Your Course
After checking out, your email address will be sent to Net of Knowledge securely and you will gain instant access to your course. If you do not have a Net of Knowledge account yet, one will be created for you automatically and you will receive an email with a link to set up your password. Log in to your account at netofknowledge.com and start learning!
Unlimited Access & CEUS
You will have unlimited access to this course for as long as it is on Net of Knowledge, so that you can keep reviewing and learning from it over the years. CEU requirements must be completed within 1 year from the purchase. During this time, you must view the training and complete any required documents to get your certificate. You must also print and save your certificate for your own records.
Please note we do not offer refunds for our recorded online courses/webinars.
This recording is available in an online format only; you will not receive a DVD or physical copy of the recording – it is only available to watch as a course to watch on the internet through your online account.
Taught by Karin Kalbantner-Wernicke
Karin Kalbantner-Wernicke is a Shiatsu teacher and children Physical Therapist. She is Program Coordinator and Lecturer for University Certification Program. Since over 30 years her work as a lecturer takes her abroad on a regular basis to many EuropeanView full bio