- Understand the anatomy of the psoas major and the influence of this muscle on the lumbar region, pelvis and hip.
- Learn how to assess for imbalances in the psoas major and how to recognize its impact on the alignment of the lumbar and pelvic region.
- Understand how the anatomy of this muscle fits in to the channel system, especially the sinew channels (jingjin).
- Understand the connection of the muscle with the kidney organ and renal fascia, to the diaphragm, to the lumbar plexus, and to other structures.
- Learn how to treat imbalances in this muscle with acupuncture, myofascial release and corrective exercises.
0 hrs - 30 min
Functional anatomy of the psoas major and its relationship to the channel sinews. The role of the psoas major in spinal and pelvic imbalances.
30 min - 1 hrs
Relationship of the psoas major to the kidneys, the diaphragm, and its coordination with the abdominals and piriformis. Understanding this relationships from a channel sinew perspective.
1 hrs - 2 hrs
Assessment of the psoas major. Postural assessment, orthopedic evaluations, and special tests.
2 hrs - 3 hrs
Treatment of the psoas major with acupuncture, myofascial release, and corrective exercises.
Accessing Your Course
After checking out, your email address will be sent to Net of Knowledge securely and you will gain instant access to your course. If you do not have a Net of Knowledge account yet, one will be created for you automatically and you will receive an email with a link to set up your password. Log in to your account at netofknowledge.com and start learning!
Unlimited Access & CEUS
You will have unlimited access to this course for as long as it is on Net of Knowledge, so that you can keep reviewing and learning from it over the years. CEU requirements must be completed within 1 year from the purchase. During this time, you must view the training and complete any required documents to get your certificate. You must also print and save your certificate for your own records.
Please note we do not offer refunds for our recorded online courses/webinars.
This recording is available in an online format only; you will not receive a DVD or physical copy of the recording – it is only available to watch as a course to watch on the internet through your online account.